Left Right

Statutory Accident benefits


Statutory Accident benefits

  • Motor vehicle accidents
  • Insurance claims
  • Work Safety Insurance Board
  • Slip and fall matters

Small Claims court until $ 25,000

  • Unpaid loans or contracts
  • Damages for negligent or
    deficient services
  • Property issues
  • Construction liens
  • Personal injuries

Landlord and Tenants matters

  • Resolve disputes between
    landlords and tenants
  • Condominium law

Business services

  • intellectual property: trademarks,
    patent, registration
  • Incorporation, registration

Immigration related

  • Pardon ( record suspension)
  • Rehabilitation
  • Immigration and refugee board
  • Immigration appeal Board

Traffic Tickets

  • Speeding tickets
  • Careless driving tickets
  • Racing or stunt driving
  • Red light tickets
  • Stop sign traffic tickets
  • Driving under suspension
  • Insurance violations

Statutory Accident benefits

Motor Vehicle Accidents

Every year, motor vehicle accidents are responsible for many serious injuries and deaths. All people hurt in a car accident in Ontario are entitled to no-fault benefits for loss of income, medical and rehabilitation benefits through their auto insurer or through the insurance policy of any other vehicle that was involved in the accident, regardless of who was at fault.

What Are Accident Benefits?

In Ontario, Accident Benefits are reimbursements you are entitled to receive from an insurance company regardless of who was responsible for the accident. The accident benefit insurer is one of the following:

  • Your own insurer;
  • The insurer of the vehicle in which you were a passenger;
  • The insurer of any other vehicle involved in the accident, or;
  • The Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund set up by the government of Ontario.

No-fault accident benefits are not automatic. Insurance companies often resist paying the full value of a claim. Getting the benefits you deserve following a car accident will require the services of an experienced personal injury lawyer.

Tort Claims

What many motor vehicle accident victims don’t realize is that there is another source of compensation available through a Tort Claim. You have the right to sue the party at fault for pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost income and other expenses. It is also possible for family members who have suffered a loss of care, guidance and companionship as a result of your injuries to advance claims for their damages. To do this, certain requirements must first be met to protect your rights under both types of claims.

Advocates for Victims of Motor Vehicle Accidents

The laws governing car accident compensation in Ontario are complicated. Having accurate and complete legal advice early on provides you with your best opportunity to make good decisions.

Ontario’s Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)

offers insurance coverage specifically focused on income support paid out due to injuries sustained in the workplace. The benefits are intended to be an income replacement during a period of disability, with the intention that the employee will eventually return to work. Employees often think of this insurance coverage as an automatic right, but in reality, it is governed by a set of proscribed regulations which can affect both the claim and the amount received. Claims can be declined if it is determined that a person is not disabled, or if the required medical documentation is not correctly completed and submitted.
We assist employers and employees with all matters related to WSIB and workplace injuries.

Slip and fall matters

Our firm represents persons who were injured as a result of slips, trips and falls on private or public property. We aggressively negotiate with insurers and defence counsel to obtain the best possible result for all claimants. Our skilled litigators also take actions through to the discovery process and trial. Please contact us for a free initial consultation.

If you have slipped and fallen on commercial property and suffered an injury, you may be entitled to financial compensation. If you slip and fall because the owner has failed to keep the property safe, the owner is responsible for any damages or injuries that you suffer. Some common examples include:

  • A slip and fall on a wet or slick floor which the store owner has failed to clean up or place any warning markers around
  • A slip and fall on a snowy or icy entrance, driveway, or parking lot which the business owner has failed to clear, shovel, or salt
  • A slip and fall on a torn carpet or wet entrance mat
  • A trip and fall on broken tile, uneven floors or carpet, broken stairs or as a result of poor lighting
  • A trip and fall over a hazard or obstacle which the store owner has failed to remove

If you have slipped and fallen on city, town, or municipal property such as a street or sidewalk, and have been injured, you may be entitled to financial compensation.